Apr 2, 2010

Killeroo still chuggin'

KILLEROO Production Diaries

In case you missed 'em, here are the last five Killeroo blog posts. Check out my Facebook profile (a link is to the right of this post) to see killer character designs by Ryan, our artist supreme.

A Reprimand

Predictably, I have much to learn. Today I was lightly reprimanded for giving too much detail on posture and stance during a discussion on a character’s design. These are the things I learn in the face of naivety. I was told such details should be left for those moments in the script. Indeed they are [...]

Chapter 2, Draft 1… BASHED!

I walked into the room late in the afternoon. The room reeked of a whole day’s worth of bodies sweating over their work. The script jumped out at me before I’d even taken my seat. BAM! A knee in the guts and an elbow in my back, forcing me onto the ground, splinters collecting in [...]

My Face! My Valuable Face!

Oh man. So much has been going down! I’m sitting in a dentist office with a numb mouth, keepin’ it real on the iPhone so I can update this page. We have an artist on onboard, two in fact, and Daz has been going over the layouts with one of them. He’s been kind enough [...]

The Not So Silent Treatment

Treatments are freakin’ grouse! A film treatment is a prose version of the story, step by step and without dialogue. I’ve been doing this for our graphic novel. If you know this already, good for you my friend! Share the knowledge with people who don’t, because that’s what I’m trying to do. I love treatments [...]

Contract Killer

Contracts can be a killer. Darren and I are being smart. We’re sorting out the legal wranglings good and early. It sucks, because we both have so much creative juice in us right now, at the very start. But I’ve been through too many creative partnerships over the years that didn’t pay heed to these [...]

1 comment:

FreeLancerLot said...

if as a writer or director you are paying someone, which never means deferral, you can comment on character design and posture, etc. Until you are paying an actual rate, you NEVER get to comment.